Abicare Refund Policy
Refund Policy Effective Date: 04/06/2021
Version: 1.0 Review Date: 30/07/2022
We operate a strict no refund and returns policy on dispatched packages with no exceptions. Any dispatched kits for self-test that are unused will incur a charge of 30% of the package cost as you cannot return under any circumstances due to health and safety reasons.
- Due to the proficiency of our services, our logistical response to orders is instantaneous and thus when the order is placed, things are set in motion which cannot be undone, and the order shall be delivered accordingly. Should you need to make amendments or changes please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your amendment request – there is will incur a £15 admin fee.
- We are unable to provide refunds because the test kits are not suitable for return due to health protection or hygiene reasons, as per Article 28(3)(a) of the Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013 (“2013 Regs”).
- It is a government requirement to meet UKAS accreditation which requires us to maintain a full chain of custody of samples so that they are traceable. Each test kit is personalised with a unique reference number for the purposes of the testing process and further personalised with a unique booking reference number (ABICA/UID number) due to government requirements for passenger locator forms. The kit is therefore exempt from refunds as per Article 28(3)(b).
- Depending on the shelf life of the subject kit, the test kits are liable to deteriorate or expire rapidly and therefore they are exempt from returns under Article 28(1)(c) of the 2013 Regs.
- If the test booking reference number (ABICA/UID number) has been generated by us, however, the kits are yet to be dispatched and you no longer require the test package, you must cancel in writing and it will be subject to a 20% cancellation fee.
- The Covid-19 testing kits cannot be returned to us once received by you. This is due to risk of transmission of the virus and for reasons stated at 2 above.
- We cannot provide a refund for leakage from the sample collection bottle or missing swab. In these circumstances a replacement item will be dispatched on request.
- We will not provide a refund if you have not received your test kit by day 2 of your isolation. The day 2 and day 8 tests can be undertaken on or after day 2 and 8.
- We cannot provide a refund for delays in receipt of the testing kits or results from the laboratory as a result of factors outside of our control such as delays in the postal system or delays in processing the kits by the laboratory.
- We cannot provide a refund as a result of one or more of the failures at paragraph 3 above.
- You cannot terminate the contract, in accordance with paragraph 8, between us if 5 above has occurred.